Whether you’re a fan of the brussels sprout or not, we encourage you to try this salad. It has such an enjoyable and hearty crunch to it! It makes for a quick and easy weeknight side dish and keeps well as leftovers the next day! Any dinner party we attend this salad is always a huge hit! It pairs magnificently with lamb, steak, chicken, ribs or fish and can be enjoyed year round! Further, it is a great way to get kids (big or small) to eat brussels sprouts!
What you will need:
- 18 oz. brussels sprouts
- 1 lb cooked bacon; finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Parmesan shavings for garnish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- juice from half a lemon (approx 3 tbsp)
- 5 cracks of fresh pepper
Prep Time: 20 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Start by precooking the bacon; chop, then set aside.
- Grate or use a slap chop to shred brussels sprouts, transfer to a large bowl. Add bacon and Parmesan. Set aside
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl thoroughly mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and pepper.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing on brussels sprout mixture, toss thoroughly and garnish with shaved Parmesan