Warning: highly addictive! The combination of crunchy pear, salty prosciutto and melt in your mouth crostini toast is absolute perfection. We are completely obsessed! To finish these beauties off, all you need is a little drizzle of balsamic reduction! We love how quick and easy this appetizer can be without sacrificing taste or appearance!
Below makes 10 servings but this recipe can be easily increased or decreased! We recommend you plan 2-3 per person. You can also serve the reduction on the side and guests can pour their own on when they are ready to dig in!
What you will need:
- 10 slices of baguette; ciabatta is nice because it is larger in size
- 10 slices of prosciutto; rolled
- 10 slices old white cheddar; thinly sliced
- 10 slices of pear; thinly sliced
- butter; softened
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Prep Time: 15 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat a large frying pan to medium-low heat. Butter both sides of your baguette slices, and add to pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley. Note: You may need to cook in batches as to not crowd the pan.
- Cook each side of the baguette slices for 1-2 minutes until edges are golden brown. Keep a close eye as they cook quickly. Once you flip toasts, sprinkle with additional garlic salt and parsley. Transfer toasts to a large serving platter.
- To assemble; lay cheddar slices on toasts, add one rolled prosciutto slice and top with pear.
- For the reduction; simply heat a small pan to medium-low heat. Add balsamic vinegar and simmer for 9-10 minutes until liquid has thickened. Stir often. Transfer to a small serving dish or drizzle over crostini if serving immediately. Enjoy!