What a delightful appetizer just in time for patio season! So many layers and elements all rolled into one delicious bite! The vegetables provide a welcoming fresh crunch, the avocado is buttery, the crab brings a subtle sweetness and the cream cheese filling has just the right touch of heat! Not only is this a tasty appetizer to serve at your next gathering, but how pretty do these sushi roll ups look?
What you will need:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4oz. cream cheese; softened
- 1 tsp. sriracha or cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 can of crab meat or tuna
- ½ large carrot; peeled and cut into “matchsticks”
- ½ avocado; diced
- ½ cucumber; cut into “matchsticks”
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Begin by cutting carrots, cucumbers and avocado. Set each aside in a small container for easy assembly. Then using a peeler; peel zucchini until you reach the seeds. Set aside peeled zucchini.
- Drain your crab meat and transfer to a small dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, use a spatula to mix the cream cheese, lime juice and sriracha or cayenne pepper.
- To assemble: lay zucchini peels on a cutting board. Spread cream cheese mixture from end to end over zucchini. Then on the end closest to you, spoon approx. 1 tbsp. crab meat, lay 2-3 carrot strips, 2-3 cucumber strips and 3-4 pieces of avocado.
- Roll zucchini away from you firmly and carefully tuck your zucchini roll into itself. Repeat with all zucchini peels and place matchstick side up on a serving platter.
One thought on “Zucchini Sushi”
What an awesome way to sushi! My daughter has suggested that we learn how to make sushi, but I didn’t know where to start before reading your post. Thanks for the idea!! https://mom-of-seven.com
LikeLiked by 1 person