Quick, easy, delicious and perfect for any night of the week! You can stuff peppers in a hundred different ways, using any type of meat, rice, vegetables, cheese, beans or sauces. Peppers are the perfect canvas to get creative and try something new. The possibilities for flavour combinations are endless! These sausage, rice and parmesan stuffed peppers are one of our favourite. Packed with flavour, fantastic for meal prep and enjoyable for the whole family!
What you will need:
- 4 large bell peppers
- 4 sausages; we have used mild, hot and chorizo
- 1 cup wild grain brown rice; pre-cooked (we use Uncle Ben’s)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese; grated
- 1/2 cup white onion; finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper
- Mozzarella or cheddar cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Begin by pre-cooking your rice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully cut off the tops and the bottom tips of peppers. Roughly chop up the removed pepper tops and tips and set aside. Slice off and discard the white viens of the peppers and rinse out seeds. Place peppers upright in a non-stick baking pan. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan, then add onions, chopped peppers, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until tender and onions begin to brown. Transfer cooked onions to a small plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, on medium heat, add a touch more oil and then squeeze sausages from casings; crumble and brown in pan. Add onion mixture, rice and Parmesan. Reduce heat and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Generously stuff peppers with mixture and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add a slice of mozzerella or cheddar cheese to the top of each pepper, then cook for another 5 mins. Serve hot!
One thought on “Stuffed Peppers with Sausage, Parmesan and Rice”
Stuffed peppers are always a hit here, your look delicious!