Eating your veggies has never been easier! Savoury, crispy and super healthy! We are hooked! Ditch the bread and use these squash fritters to make a yummy breakfast! Top these warm fritters with eggs and avocado for a new take on an open face mcmuffin! The sage and squash add such wonderful and delicate flavours, you can’t even tell you are eating vegetables. Add these fritters to your weekly meal prep. You won’t be disappointed!
What you will need:
- 3 cups butternut squash; grated
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 egg; lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ⅛ of garlic powder
- coconut oil
Prep Time: 15 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 4 minutes ◊ Yields: 9 fritters
- In a large bowl, add butternut squash, flour, egg, sage, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Using a spatula mix until thoroughly combined. Line a large plate with paper towels.
- Heat a large cast iron or non-stick pan to medium heat and melt a generous amount of coconut oil in the pan. Spoon ¼ cup of the mixture into the pan and gently press to flatten into rounds. Cook fritters for 2 minutes, gently flip, then cook for an additional 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer cooked fritters to paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Add more coconut oil to the pan with each new batch.
*Store fritters in an air-tight container or ziplock bag for up to 5 days. Easily reheat for warm fritters on the fly. You can also freeze them and just pop them in the microwave to thaw.