It’s summer and we are soaking up all the freshness the season has to offer! We picked up some sweet and juicy heirloom grape tomatoes at the local farmers market and loved the idea of showcasing them in beautiful light and flaky tartlets. Try making these gorgeous, sophisticated yet simple tarts as an appetizer for your next patio party!
Below make 4 tarts
What you will need:
- 2 cups grape heirloom tomatoes; halved
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 green onion; finely sliced
- Parmesan cheese; grated
- 1 recipe Simple Pesto Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll out the dough and line tart tins with pastry. Use a fork to prick the pastry on the bottom. This will prevent the pastry from bubbling up.
- Spoon pesto into each and spread evenly around the bottom of the pastry.
- Top with heirloom tomatoes and sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and flaky. Garnish with green onions or chives and serve!