Looking for a delicious side dish to bring to your next festive get-to-gether? How about some crisp green beans, sauteed in onions and bacon? We love adding this side to our holiday menus! Perfectly paired with turkey, prime rib, roasts, chicken and more! Delightfully simple, easily made ahead of time and full of flavour; what is not to love?
What you will need:
- 6 slices of bacon; chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ cup white onion; roughly chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic; minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, deep skillet add bacon and cook over medium-high heat until fat begins to render and bacon begins to crisp. Stir in onions and garlic; let cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans to the skillet and toss. Pour in water, cover and let the beans cook until the water is evaporated. Toss occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!