Warning* SO GOOD you may want to spread this jam on everything. Now that you have been warned, let me introduce you to the new condiment you need in your life. Try welcoming this perfect addition to your next charcuterie board, dollope onto a golden brown crostini with melted cheese, bake on top of a wheel of brie cheese, or spread onto a juicy burger…do we have your attention yet?
What you will need:
- 8 stripes of bacon; roughly chopped into small pieces (we use low-sodium bacon)
- 2 medium cooking onions; finely chopped
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
Prep Time: 15 minutes ⧫ Cook time: 25 minutes
- Cook bacon bits until crispy; then transfer to a paper towel.
- Discard all but 2 tsp. of bacon grease from the pan. Add onions and butter, then sauté until golden brown. Approx 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, white wine vinegar, thyme, pepper and cooked bacon bits. Stir to combine. Stir in water and let simmer until you create a thick jam consistency. About 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix thoroughly. Garnish with additional thyme leaves if desired.