Dinner and a great meal prep idea has never been easier! Literally just throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker, set the timer and enjoy a super flavourful, healthy dinner that cooks itself! Layer over a bed of rice, cauliflower rice, salads or add to wraps or tacos.
What you will need:
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans; drained and rinsed
- 650ml jar of salsa
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp. chilli powder
- ½ tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- Cheddar cheese; grated
- Green onions; sliced
- Sour cream (optional)
Prep Time: 10 minutes – Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Rinse and drain black beans, then add to the pot. Pour in salsa, then add garlic, corn, peas, chilli powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne, cracked pepper and stock. Stir ingredients slightly to distribute the spices.
- Cover and let cook for 4 or 8 hours depending on what your schedule allows. When the timer is up, carefully open the lid and using 2 forks, pull the chicken apart. Chicken will be so tender it will shred easily when pulled apart. Stir to incorporate the shredded chicken.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or add to salads, wraps or tacos for lunches! We love to garnish with cheddar cheese and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
** Keeps well in the fridge for your weekly meal prep or freeze and enjoy at a later date!
One thought on “Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken”
Pingback: Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken — The Rustic Kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels