Roll up to this family favourite! Here is a modern take on an Italian classic which can be showcased so beautifully by the presentation. These individualized lasagna’s are simple yet elegant and are a great choice for special events, weeknight dinners and meal prep! This dish is super easy and so delicious! Pair with a mixed greens salad and voila! Dinner is served.
What you will need:
- 12-15 oven ready lasagna noodles
- 10 cups raw spinach (or 1 large bag)
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 475g Ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- fresh basil; thinly chopped
Prep Time: 25 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Using a large frying pan, heat olive oil and garlic on medium-low heat. Add spinach and season with salt and pepper. Toss occasionally until spinach is nicely wilted. Transfer spinach to a cutting board and roughly chop into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a spatula, mix together the ricotta, egg, spinach and parmesan.
- Fill a tall pot with water and bring to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook until al dente. Approximately 8 minutes. Remove cooked noodles with tongs and place in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large cutting board lay lasagna noodles down side by side and using a spoon, thinly spread ricotta filling evenly over each noodle from end to end.
- Gently yet firmly roll up each noodle and place on a lightly greased baking dish.
- Spoon a generous amount of tomato sauce over lasagna rolls and bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil and serve!