Buttery, flaky, golden and delicious! These pastry twists infused with rosemary and parmesan cheese make for a delightful combination! What a fun appetizer your guests can nibble on with a glass of wine or serve as a bread basket alternative with dinner! These twists are super easy to make and will make an elegant addition to your next dinner party.
Recipe yields 8-9 twists.
What you will need:
- 1 puff pastry; thawed
- 2 tsp. rosemary
- 1 egg;lightly beaten
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese; finely grated
Prep Time: 15 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your pastry to an approximately 10 x 10 inch square.
- Cut pastry into approximately 1.5 inch slices. You should get 8-9 slices per pastry sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and rosemary together. Brush egg wash over prepared pastry slices until evenly coated. Sprinkle the majority of your parmesan cheese over egg wash. Save a bit to sprinkle on the tops of your twists before baking.
- One by one, take hold of each end of your pastry slices and twist in opposite directions until slices are twisted from end to end.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet; placing twists half an inch apart. Sprinkle with the remainder of your parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!