Sweet and spicy with all your favourite Korean beef flavours. We are always looking for ways to eat healthier. When you have a food blog it is easy to get carried away with the sweets, treats and delicious pastries. But balance is key, and healthy eating can still be super satisfying and tasty too! Here we have reinvented a Korean classic that we love, but have substituted the white rice side for cauliflower rice! Try adding a pop of colour with one of the many colourful varieties of cauliflower found at your local grocery store.
Below makes 3-4 servings.
What you will need:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sesame seed oil
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions; thinly sliced OR chopped chives for garnish
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups cauliflower heads
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower crowns off and transfer to food processor. Blend for approximately 10 seconds until mix resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a large frying pan add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain any excess juices.
- Pour prepared Korean sauce onto the cooked beef, mix thoroughly, then reduce to low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- While beef is simmering, add vegetable oil to a medium size frying pan and bring to medium heat. Add cauliflower rice, season with salt and pepper then cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- To serve, add cauliflower rice to a bowl, spoon korean beef and additional sauce on top, then finish with either green onions or chives!